Sunday, 1 January 2012

New Year resolutions!

First of all HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

May this year bring you health and happiness.

With the new year come the resolutions. Mine for this year will be:
  • to sew part of my clothes - So I can recycle or customize what is in my cupboard instead of buying new things and throwing the less new one away. On top of reducing wastes and increasing savings it means I will have my very own clothes who don't look like the ones of every body else.
  • to make myself most of the gifts I will offer this year - I made a recipe book for my step-mother and felt it was extremely rewarding, like if I really invested myself in the gift and made it really personalized for the perso who received it. And she obviously liked it.
    For a first year, gifts may go from home-made beauty products to sewed  baby toys through breakfast sets (home-made jam/bread/nice sewed napkin etc...) and christmas salt dough decoration and papier maché secret boxes - I may even make a separate blog for this.
  • to make more handy craft - No huge thing, recycle empty boxes and make them look nice so I can use them to file stuff or wrap gifts, build a cardbox shelve instead of buyîng one, make the above mention gifts, etc...
For me these resolutions, on top of being fun, are my little act of resistance! It will be better for the environment while fighting against a system I don't fully agree with! :)


What are yours?
I really think that if we all make little progress, we do make things change! What is done is not to be done anymore.

Have a lovely holiday time!

Blue




No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?